Inspire* Nurture* Achieve*
Pupils’ social, moral, spiritual and cultural development is outstanding. Pupils are very well prepared for the next steps in education, training and employment.
Adverse weather statement;
Please note that in the event of a severe weather warning that may affect Olive Secondary Schools normal opening hours, the following procedures will be put in place:
• As soon as we are alerted to severe weather a text message will be sent to parents with regular updates (if you know of a parent that would not receive a text message we would ask that you would help them by notifying them there may be a closure)
• Any decision to close the school will be made by 7.30am. Information will be taxed to parents and posted on the front page of the website.
• www.Olivesecondary.org.uk will be updated on a regular basis – you will need to refresh your browser if you stay logged on to the website
• Wherever possible, we will have the school phone manned for telephone queries.
What happens if the weather deteriorates during the school day:
• The school will only close in the event of severe weather or on advice from the Local Authority. The decision will be made by the Proprietor.
• The decision will be posted on the website and sent by a text message.
• Students that are normally collected will be instructed to contact parents for advice on what to do.
• Students walking home will be advised to walk in groups.
• School will be kept opened and appropriately staffed until the last student has left the building.
• Please note that staff are not permitted to give lifts to students.
How you can help:
• Relay the message to anyone you know not able to be contacted by the school.
• Where possible, keep regular checks on the school website.
• Talk through the procedure with your son/daughter and plan with them what they should do in the event of bad weather.
No-Smoking premises statement;